- School Boundary Map
- New Student Registration 2021-2022 - New to our Boundaries
- Registration Instructions & Timeline
- Course Description/Course Request Forms 2020-2021
- Course Description/Course Request Forms 2021-2022
- Instructions How to Fill Out Course Request Forms
Welcome to Syracuse Junior High School
Welcome to Syracuse Jr High. Please call 801-402-6808 to schedule an appointment (Monday-Thursday 7:45am-2:45pm) with our registrar, to register your new or transferring student to Syracuse Jr High.
The following items are required by the Davis School District and SJH before registering for school and we CANNOT register your student without these items:
- Birth Certificate*
- Picture ID (Driver's license or passport)
- Immunization Record -
- Proof of Residency in SJH boundaries**
- Transcripts of past grades/report cards (if available)
- Copy of IEP (Individual Education Plan) if student has received special education services
- Student Information Form (fill out and print)
- McKinney-Vento Eligibility Form (fill out and submit)
- Guardianship Status Form (fill out and print)
- Course Request Form (fill out and print) -
- 7th Grade
- 8th Grade
- 9th Grade
It is helpful for the registration process if you also have:
- Check-out papers from the last school attended, with the school's complete address and phone number
- IEP if you have one please inform Counseling office when doing registration and bring a current copy from the last school
*PARENTS: You must have legal guardianship (from a court of law, signed by a judge) of your student in order to register him or her in school. If you do not, please process through the Student Services Department at the District Office first. The Student Services Director is Brad Christensen at 801-402-5160.
**Examples of a document that could be used as "Proof of Residency" a water bill, gas bill, power bill, contract to build or rent an apartment with your name and new address on it. We must have this information in order to enroll your student. Spanish: STUDENTSERVICES-ProofofResidencyProcedure-Spanish-.pdf & English: STUDENTSERVICES-ProofofResidencyProcedure-English-3.pdf
**NEW DATES FOR 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR COMING SOON!**
July 20 – Final Registration and Fee Payment online will begin. Information regarding accessing the forms, agreements, and fee payment information will be on this website under “Registration Instructions".
August 7 - Fees or Fee Waiver due. A $10 late fee will be assessed for students who have not paid fees by August 20, 2020. Please call the office if you have any concerns about fee payment or to set up a pay plan. 801-402-6800
August 10, 11 & 12 - New Student Registration. Students new to the area should pick up an information packet in the office. When packet is picked up, please schedule a registration/course selection appointment. Return the completed packet at the scheduled appointment. Incomplete packets will need to reschedule the appointment. We will review the course requests at the appointment. Student will become an active student of SJH by 5 pm the day of the appointment.
August 12 – by 5 p.m. Schedules wii be available online through my.DSD
August 13, 14 & 17 - Schedule changes by appointment only. You may schedule an appointment online by going into a guardian my.DSD account, choosing Tools > Appointments. The appointment will be via phone call or email only with a counselor. Your phone call will be scheduled in a 60 minute appointment window in which a counselor will call you to discuss the changes. A $10 schedule change fee will be charged. That fee is waived if the schedule change is due to a school scheduling error.
August 17 - Seahawk School Tours - by appointment - More information is coming soon!
August 25 - First Day of School!! The tardy bell rings at 8:10 a.m. We'll see you in class!